Saturday, May 15, 2010

Coming out...

I am 12 weeks pregnant. But I know my good fortune can be a bitter pill for others. So I waited and waited, not quite knowing what to say, how to say it. An unimaginable number of my real world friends are in the TTC cue, and I know how much it hurts to hear someone cut in front of you. So while, of course we are happy, we've pretty much kept it to ourselves.

It also wouldn't be me if there was not drama. I had a lot of bleeding early on. Once that subsided I enjoyed a long stretch of non-barfing nausea. But superior to last time around where I wretched for weeks on end.

I had my cerclage placed 2 days ago. Bleeding and cramping has subsided, but I am just now getting a headache, I think from the spinal. Hopeful I am back to normal and up and about by tomorrow.

Chances are high I have a long stretch of bedrest in my future, complicated by a frisky toddler and a husband who will be spending a large part of the summer and fall in Europe. So me and the little dude will camp out with various family members and beg for their help and patience.

I don't know if anyone even comes here to read anymore. Nor can I predict how much I will be writing. But I like the idea of sharing my experience again -- especially since my IC is known and will be treated with a cerclage and P17 shots this time around. If my experience can be a resource for anyone with similar issues - then that something...

10 comments:

jenn said...

Holy crap! Congratulations!!! You are still on my reader & I was just thinking about you the other day- wondering how you were doing. I know it's going to be a tough road ahead & I am here if you need!
I am glad everything is going relatively well now- and that knowing your particular issues beforehand hopefully makes this easier!

Nic said...

Congratulations! It always gives hope to us IFers when there is a BFP!!
Hope the bedrest is not for a while and everything goes well.

loribeth said...

You're still on my reader too, & it's always nice to have a post pop up! Congratulations!

May said...

Hooray!!!

I hope there is much less bedrest this time around!

sara said...

Oh sweetie!!! This is awesomely amazing news! Sorry it took til now for me to pass the congrats along - crappy work schedule the last few days :-) When I heard I was drinking coffee with a friend and I swear I snorted coffee out my nose. But what a great thing to snort coffee about! You are going to totally rock out this pregnancy and as you know - I'm always here to listen each step of the way. Where are you guys located at now? Did you move? If you were close to the great old city of Detroit I would totally help you with that frisky toddler. Brynn and D could destroy houses together!

On a more serious note...I know I'm far away - but I am always here for you if you need anyone. We'll do this together again...and Brynn said she'd help you kick some butt too :-)

Heather Moore said...

HOORAY! Congrats girl! So very happy for you! I'll be thinking of you and the babe a ton! Also, extended bedrest is tough with a frisky toddler but it can be done. Mine went to daycare during the day but it was AMAZING the time I got to spend w/him one on one. We read a shit ton of books! XOXO.

G$ said...

Yay! Lots of love and good wishes. xoxoxoxoxo

anne said...

Congratulations on the new fetus! I loved reading your blog during your pregnancy with D.

Anonymous said...

I got to this blog because I just had my NT scan today and got a measurement of 2.1 mm. I was searching for similar results, and google came up with a blog entry of yours from about two years ago when you had exactly the same NT measurement I just had today. Then I looked at your most recent entry and found that you are 12 weeks pregnant now - I am also exactly 12 weeks pregnant (and pretty scared), so I just wanted to wish you luck!

Anonymous said...

OMG I just checked in and read this. AWESOME. So happy for you!