Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bugger

Six months since I gave birth and my period has returned, despite exclusively breastfeeding. Bugger.

It is amazing that the sight of blood still results, initially, in complete panic. I guess it will be some time till I can look down, see blood, and not freak out.

I suspected something was going on 2 weeks ago, when I swore I felt ovulation pains. My poor digestion and irritable bowels also returned. Two days ago I started into my first extended, yet dull, headache. Doctors that don't subscribe to the effects of hormones on a woman's body are just stupid. It effects me - totally and completely. Even thought my pregnancy was a trainwreck, it did relieve me of a few things - all of which are suddenly returning. Bummer.

Well, here is to hoping that the flow will be short, light and infrequent.

3 comments:

Queen D said...

Brutal. Hope its quick and painless.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that really really sucks.

jenn said...

ugh. Sucks!
Hormones affect me greatly too- I had to have the birth control convo with my doc & it looks like non-hormone iud is my option... Everything else makes me too loony

I hope she's kind(er) to you!