Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hospital Bedrest Day 5

Rough night last night.
Took am.bient to sleep but was tussled by the staff nearly every hour for frequent contractions.
Cervical check at 3 am. All was fine.
BP too low for more pro.cardia so they started me on 48 hours of Ind.ocin. Contractions nearly gone.
Insurance is giving me a hard time about paying for the progesterone injections. If the pre-cert does not come through first thing in the morning I will have to pitch a fit.
All in all, we are ok. Roomie is doing good and I am getting used to being bored.

Some pics of my new daily existence.



4 comments:

N7 said...

omg you are such a mirror of my experience- seeing those hospital pics, the monitors, and jeez- do ALL hospitals have that same ceiling? YOU CAN DO IT- I am so happy you got admitted (sounds strange to say) but this is to give your baby the best care possible. Every day inside makes for better days on the outside. Just remember that :) YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!

jenn said...

I'm glad that roomie (& you) seem to be doing much better! I hope you don't get too bored too quickly, and that insurance doesn' give you more grief!

sara said...

Ugh, I'm sorry about the crude night - I'm hoping last night was a bit better. Sorry about the stupid insurance company and the lower BP too. Can't a girl catch a break? I liked seeing your pictures - although I wish they were of you and your husband on a sunny beach in Hawaii instead :-)

Like I said, I hope today is truly better, and I'm thinking of you. My stupid butt insurance doesn't want to pay for the actual progesterone injection portion either since I haven't had a previous second tri loss. Ugh...crazy that you're dealing with that too. I am so sorry sweetie. Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Being in the hospital is a "good thing"! I know sleeping is so hard (and so ironic to be called bedrest and not be able to sleep at all). I spent 59 days in the hospital... every day I was there was more time for baby to cook. Hope you are avoiding constipation, celebrating the milestones (each extra week you get is cause for celebration)and watching Olympics! Keep up the great work!