Thursday, August 28, 2008

Never a dull moment

I passed my 24 hour pee test with flying colors. No preeclampsia for me.

But then I failed my initial glucose screen. Not by a lot, but failed none the less. I am in the midst of the three hour test now. I guess it is possible to fail the screen and pass the 3 hour test. Keeping my fingers crossed. There is absolutely NO history of diabetes in my family, gestational or otherwise. I am baffled.

Not sure I can take too many more needles. My arms look like I am drug addict.

SIDENOTE:
DH posted a video of my favorite little man-kitties in the whole world. I miss those little jerks...

4 comments:

G$ said...

So cute!

And yes, the 1 hour can have false positives. I hope you make it through the 3 ok. Stop shoving ice cream down your throat by the bucket load. :)

sara said...

I'm sorry about the 1 hr glucose test - I hope you pass that 3 hr one with flying colors! So glad to hear about the 24 hr urine being negative for preclampsia. I wonder if maybe the steroids temporarily elevated your blood sugar for the one hour? I loved seeing the video of the kitties. I missed Neela like never before. I was going to email you later - but I actually get to be home for a trial run. Not sure how long it'll last - but I am about the happiest girl alive right now. I hope you are having an okay day- I saw your post when I got home and played the video of your cats. Neela was watching the screen very intently. So now we can say that our animals kind of hung out? I know it's a stretch, but Neela was definitely intrigued by your furry cuties, LOL! I'm always thinking of you - and I hope the lab draws come to an end soon - the drug addict look is hard to explain, isn't it? Hugs to you - more than you know...

Mel said...

I'm totally in-love! The gray one looks like my childhood kitty. I'd be missing those cute guys like crazy too. You'll be home to give 'em lovin very soon. :)

Glad to hear that all is status-quo and ditto to what g said...1 hour isn't always reliable. Hope everything went well. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Glad you've dodged PE so far, now to kick that GD to the curb.