Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crowded house

Post terb, I am at my mom's house. My sisters kids sleep here onthursdays, so i knew it would be a little rowdy. But then my SIL dropped off my other nephew. It got more crazy. Then my brothers whole family decided to stay over because it will be stormy tonight and they live way back in the woods and all have a bizarre fear of falling trees. So in an attempt to find some calm (and a TV) I landed in my moms room... only to get kicked out at 9:30 by 2 of the mere 10 freaking people who are camped out in this house.

Under normal circumstances I suppose I would not care. But tonight was a night I have been looking foward to for a while. The 2 hour premiere of a show I am embarred to say I love... but I do. And in a house that normally has a TV in every room, there are only 3 now, each of them in a room with a sleeping kid. My sister stole the majority of tv's and mattresses when she left three months ago. So in the end, I'll blame her.

Because I am a selfish bedrest biatch who had a rough freaking day.

8 comments:

Heather Moore said...

Bummer! Sorry you didn't catch your show. I missed mine too, but I DVRd them for tomorrow. Hope the meds are working and the uterus is behaving!

Meg said...

I love Grey's as well

AnotherDreamer said...

Sorry you didn't get to watch your show.

Anonymous said...

Having to share space with so many people would drive me insane.

May said...

Thanks for the tip; I didn't realize Grey's was new last night. I just rushed to the DVR to make sure it was there! Our cable company seems to replay the new episodes on Friday nights, and you can also watch them on abc's web site too, as I imagine you know.

Re: meds, I just got your comment over at my dusty old blog. I obviously haven't yet managed to read through your archives! It sounds like your MDs aren't being shy about stopping your contractions, which is great. I, too, went through the terb/nifedipine/indocin rollercoaster before landing in mag territory.

I did 2 weeks in the hospital (mag and terb), 10 days' bedrest at home with 3 trips to triage for monitoring and terb shots, and then the last 7 weeks with massive doses of mag and everything else. It sucked, of course, but you get through it by remembering each day is 2 fewer in the NICU, which we managed to avoid entirely. And everyone has different responses to the mag- I got off fairly easy. Being really congested was my biggest complaint. I never had a positive FFN, but by the end the funneling of my cervix was so spectacular that the perinatologists were calling one another in from the hallways to look at the ultrasound screen and marvel over the fact that my water hadn't broken. So, you never really know what will happen!

I hope you have a string of good days, contraction-free and full of uninterrupted enjoyment of the new TV season.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sorry to hear about the family craziness.

jenn said...

I'm sorry your anticipated night of relaxation wasn't there, I hope you get some soon!

Hang in there.

battynurse said...

Crap. That sucks. I'm one of those also that don't get in the way of me and my shows. I feel somewhat lucky that I have sole possession of the remote control.