Saturday, July 26, 2008

A very real fear sets in... UPDATE

I just got on-line and my home page (the N.Y.T.imes) pops up. Breaking coverage: 16 coordinated bombs are set off in an industrial city in India, killing 29 civilians. The same city my husband is setting off to in a mere 5 days. I am sitting here trying not to cry, and beg him to stay home. To top it off, he is taking 3 college students with him, each of which is watched over by a set of already anxious parents. He is emailing the Program Director, the Dean and his hosts in India right now.

I can not look at it logically. But this is obviously a very organized act of terr.or.ism. I would venture to say that a postponement is in order. I would think it similar to the attacks in M.adrid and L.ondon over the last few year. Let the dust settle... then go.

Thoughts?

________

It looks like the trip will be canceled. It would take some extraordinary parents to allow their college kids to travel to a city that had just been attacked by terr.or.ists. I feel relieved, though sad for DH who was really looking forward to this adventure.

4 comments:

jenn said...

Oh hon- how very very scary!
I am sure that your hubby will do what is deemed the safest thing- I hope for your sake that that means postponing his trip, but I do understand your fear. It's all too real & frightening to be logical about sometimes.
[[hugs]] & hoping for the best!

G$ said...

egads! I hope they postpone, that is scary :( sorry Hun :(

sara said...

Oh girl, this has to be very scary to hear about. I'm sorry that your husband and you have to go through this worry. I definitely would not want mine to be going either in the same situation. I hope it gets postponed - a disappointed husband is bad to deal with - but I definitely want him to be safe. Sorry- this is truly a bummer! ((hugs))

Mazzy said...

I am so glad to read the update that this trip is going to be cancelled... that is absolutely terrifying-I cannot imagine what your heart was going through.
*hugs*